Defense & Intelligence Imagery
More Eyes in the Sky
For more than a decade, defense and intelligence agencies across the United States,
Middle East, Asia, and Latin America have relied on DigitalGlobe to provide eyes in the
sky, helping them build their geospatial foundation and gather timely intelligence.
We provide our defense and intelligence clients with access to the highest resolution,
most accurate commercial imagery in the world from both our vast imagery archive
as well as through service level agreements to collect new imagery. As a result,
clients can track a range of threats on the ground and make precise mission planning
decisions to protect lives. Given that DigitalGlobe imagery is all unclassified, it can
be easily shared to support coalitions with partner nations and nongovernment organizations
(NGOs). When combined with our geospatial expertise and enabling technology, DigitalGlobe
can deliver imagery products directly to the warfighter and other mission partners
Defense & Intelligence imagery products include:
EnhancedView Web Hosting
DigitalGlobe’s EnhancedView Web Hosting Service (EV WHS) enables the NGA to provide its
clients in defense and intelligence with online access, visualization, and dissemination
of its latest satellite imagery. EV WHS is the perfect tool in situations that require
near real-time access to precise imagery for:
- Rapid Response Ortho
- Disaster Planning
- Emergency Response
- Damage Assessments
- Topographic Mapping Support
- 2D and 3D Visualization
- Surveillance & Monitoring
EV WHS Features and Capabilities
- With EV WHS, each user has secure access to multisource unclassified, high-resolution,
natural color, GeoEye-1, WorldView-1, and WorldView-2 imagery.
- As we acquire imagery, it is processed and disseminated in near real-time to the
wide spectrum of GEOINT users, including DoD/NGA map producers, members of the intelligence
community, and forward-deployed personnel who serve in the U.S. military and in
- The EV WHS supports up to four million square nautical miles of imagery content
across three domains: Internet, NIPRNet, and SIPRNet.
- Imagery content within the EV WHS is geopositionally precise and includes a single
image strip layer, a foundation GEOINT mosaic layer, and a rapid response ortho
layer for a specific area of responsibility.
- EV WHS delivers imagery in less than 24 hours with 6-8m, CE 90 positional accuracy.
Enhanced GEOINT Delivery
Enhanced GEOINT Delivery (EGD) is imagery content served through EnhancedView
Web Hosting Services (EV WHS). EDG consists of the following:
- EGD is a broad regional coverage of unclassified commercial imagery that is routinely
updated and maintained.
- EGD imagery layers consist of rapid response orthos, single image orthos, each delivered
with hours of acquisition, and foundation GEOINT orthomosaics.
- EGD source data consists of multisource 0.5m unclassified imagery that is seamless
and radiometrically balanced.
- While traditional orthoimagery products such as CIB and DPPDB are delivered via
DVD or hard drive media, EGD is delivered via EnhancedView web hosting services.
- Any registered EV WHS user has immediate, on-line and on-demand access to EGD imagery.
EGD data is also accompanied by the EnhancedView license, so data can be shared
among the U.S. government, approved industry partners, and coalition team members.
Imagery Mapping Products
DigitalGlobe is a certified producer of imagery mapping
products for the U.S. Government. Please contact your Sales or Support Representative for more information.
Controlled Image Base™ (CIB)
Delivered through the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), DigitalGlobe’s Controlled
Image Base (CIB) product is orthorectified panchromatic imagery that provides clients
in defense and intelligence with accurate views of terrain at specific levels of
resolution. CIB includes:
- Distributed to reveal large areas of tiled imagery, CIB gives clients the ability
to view expansive areas of terrain, zooming in as needed to visualize features as
small as 1 meter.
- CIB includes draped imagery over terrain to create a 3D effect, securing better
views of mountains and valley, even determining the slope of land.
As a result of CIB, defense and intelligence clients can enhance warfighting effectiveness,
whether they are planning or simulating missions, analyzing troop mobility or routes,
or supporting defense navigation systems in the cockpit of an advanced avionics
Digital Point Positioning Database™ (DPPDB)
Digital Point Positioning Databases, or DPPDBs, are used by the Department of Defense
to support mission planning and precision engagement. DPPDBs provide critical positioning
support to aircraft that use radar navigation systems, as well as to autonomous
weapons that require precise coordinates for enhancing targeting accuracy.