Sport Fishing Services
Taking you to the edge!
offers precise oceanographic information, previously available only to commercial
fishermen. In addition to the most reliable oceanographic data products, the OrbMap
software organizes your fish catch data permitting a scientific analysis of your
catch record and an unparalleled ability to learn from your experience.
How does it work?
Other services provide only a picture or a fax, but SeaStarSport
delivers the numerical value for every pixel within the image. That means the OrbMap
software understands and analyzes the complete structure of the water column for
every location on the screen.
Tools within the OrbMap software enable users to identify signatures of ocean conditions
where fish are biting. Our MasterCast function then delivers on-the-fly analysis
to locate these conditions in near-real-time.
- Ocean plankton concentration
- Sea Surface Temperature (SST) cloud-free composites
- SST cloud-mask information
- Near-real-time SST high-resolution image—multiple daily passes
- Surface currents
- Marine weather information with 10-day forecast
Once per week
- Sea surface height anomaly
Three days per week
- Thermocline depth data
- 30-meter sub-surface temperature
OrbMap Software vs. SeaStarSport Online
In just a few months, DigitalGlobe will release a highly anticipated web-based version
of our service, giving sport fishermen the opportunity to choose between the OrbMap
software version of our service that we’ve been improving over the past fourteen
years, or this exciting new web product with similar capabilities that may be more
suited to the day fisherman. Below is a short list of advantages for each model
to help you decide which option best suits your specific needs.
Software: The software model suits larger vessels seeking to have
a bridge installation of OrbMap on which the captain can easily mark bait
or fish catches and use analytical tools to locate the bite on-the-fly.
- GPS integration provides vessel track overlay on satellite fish finding maps and
CMAP nautical charts.
- Data downloaded by email allows simultaneous viewing of multiple data sets and smoother
navigation of the maps and data layers.
- You own the oceanographic data. Store it for historical reference to understand
seasonal changes and observe patterns from year to year.
- Download the data and take it with you. No need to be online.
Online: The SeaStarSport online model
combines the same core analytical capabilities of our software with the ease of
- Ideal for those traveling the globe in search of the bite. Login from a variety
of computers or devices.
- Upgrades and improved tools/capabilities are implemented by DigitalGlobe. Software updates
are never required.
- Join the SeaStarSport community online to share techniques
and improve your user experience!
- Online broadcast means rapid turnaround from satellite pass to online availability.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.